




Jan 2, 2010 turned out to be a beautiful day!

After an amazingly sunny day on Monday for our Bridal shots, a snow storm hit the Portland area. Brian and I were stuck in Lake Oswego for a few hours and barely made it back to Beaverton in time for my Bridal Shower at the Alders. Thankfully, by Saturday the weather cleared up.
The morning of the wedding I woke up and started on my hair. While cu
rling my hair I noticed that two of my make-up pieces had broken! My dad came to the rescue and ran to the store to pick me up more. What a hero!We drove to the temple under cloud cover, while the butterflies filled my stomach. I arrived at the temple around 10 am, and was greeted at the door by my handsome groom. What a relief it was to see him!
The ceremony was simple and beautiful and what a joy it was to be surrounded by my very closest friends and family. Brian and I were sealed together for Time and All Eternity within the walls of the beautiful Portland Temple; the House of the Lord. What a blessing.
Coming out of the temple the first time as husband and wife we were greeted by our family. The sky was beautiful as the sun was brilliantly shinning behind a blanket of clouds. It made for perfect pictures. Thank you to Garth Walker for your wonderful photography work!
The rest of the day was filled with fun and laughter as we celebrated our marriage with our friends and family. We had a luncheon with the Francoms and the Poffs at the Olive Garden across from the Temple. Brian's Dad instituted a rule that every time someone would tap their fork on their glass, Brian and I would have to kiss. Apparently this is a marriage tradition of the Francoms. :) My 7 year old cousin, Iverson, grew tired of this quickly exclaiming, "gross!" whenever Brian and I would kiss. To solve this I ran over and laid a big fat kiss on his cheek! His little face burst into a violent color of red.
Off next to the Octagonal Barn in Beaverton for our reception. The Barn was decorated beautifully with calla lilies and soft candles. It was so fun to see so many of our friends and family in Portland. Thanks to all of you who either helped with the reception or attended. We appreciate your love and support---it was wonderful!
Nearing the end of the reception we cut the cake (I was very nice and only smeared a small piece of cake on his nose), and danced our first dance to Dan Fogleberg's "Longer." Afterward we opened the floor to the guests. The dancing seemed to be a hit! While the guests were dancing I was able to sneak off and grab a small bite to eat! (I was one hungry bride--how it is the bride and groom never get to eat?)
At the end of the wonderful reception, Brian and I left on our Honeymoon to Mt. Hood to go skiing. What a wonderful day!
Thank you again to all to helped make it possible.
1 comment:
beautiful pics Jess!! I'm so happy for you! Glad everything went well.
Post a Comment