At CHG I will be working as an "Associate Developer." (Big fancy title, that doesn't really tell you what I will be doing). I will be helping to manage a sales account and starting my own profile of clients. I will be recruiting family practice physicians and setting up contracts for them to work at clinics and hospitals throughout the nation. It will be something completely new--I am excited to learn.
This may mean Brian and I move closer to both our jobs in Salt lake, but we are taking things one at a time ;)
Now to catch up on our recent adventures.
June 2010/October 2010

Last summer we summited Timpanogus twice--once from Aspen Grove and once from Timpanookee. Most of Brian's family came with us on our second trip up the mountain--it was quite the family feat!
September 18, 2010
One of our most challenging summits last summer was Lone Peak, in Draper.
We started in Alpine and hiked up to the second Hamangog where we spe
nt the night. This is one of our favorite camping
spots--it is surrounded by thick green trees and HUGE granite boulders. The next morning we blazed ou

r own trail up the rest
of the mountain. We hiked straight up a glacier field full
of HUGE granite boulders that were about twice as tall as we are. Once at the top of the steep glacier field, we had to hike another few miles up a granite slab to what we
thought was the summit.
We reached the west peak and realized that the true top of the mountain was the North peak. Getting to the North peak consisted of free climbing behind the


first peak across granite boulders and up the back of the peak. We finally
reached the top--it was breath-taking. We were standing on a granite slab about 3 feet wide with 600 foot sheer rock cliffs on either side of us. (glad the wind wasn't too strong). It

was a beautiful hike, but it sure tested our endurance.
August 2010
In august we went down to Moab to celebrate a year of being together. Mike and Alicia joined us in rafting down the "Daily" stretch of the Colorado river--in mom and d
ad's little yellow boat! We barely fit and the water level was about at the top of
venture. After rafting we attempted to go
biking, but Alicia's bike tire popped. So we decided to rappel o
f Corona Arch instead. We had a great time rappelling of Corona--it is a 200 foot red rock arch that looks over Moab. After Corona we had fixed Alicia's tire, and went for a bike ride. The trail quickly got dark (uh oh!) but our fearless leader, Brian, was able to lead us out to safety.
October 2010
Brian and I dressed up as Thing One and Thing Two for our ward Halloween Party! We went to the party with our friends Liz and Dave Morris in the ward. They dressed as pirates.
November 2010
Brian and I signed up to run the 2011 Ogden Marathon! (Ah, what are we thinking) But the money is already paid and on May 21st.... it is happening. So in preparation, brian and I went out to antelope island to do some training. We explored the island, took some pictures of the buffalo, then found a 7 mile running trail. The run began with a couple miles of switch backs. There was tall yellow grass that came to my knees, and a herd of antelope ran parallel to us! (I felt like I was in Africa!) As we were running this herd seemed highly amused that we kept running and followed us as we also passed several buffalo (at a very safe, far away, distance). Between the huge buffalo, running antelope and the birds swooping down in front of me--I was completely convinced I was running in Africa. It was beautiful!
November 21, 2010
First snow of the year!! As it started snowing (at 10pm) I convinced Brian to come out and make snowmen with me! We made two snowmen; a Mr. Pilgrim and a Mrs. Pilgrim. The snow was perfect for snowmen building so both snowmen ended up taller than we were! I went inside to make pilgrim hats for the snowmen, and when I came back out I found
that Brian had made a perfectly sculpted turkey-snowman in front of our pilgrims. (complete with feet, feathers, neck, beak, and red gobbler thing) (wow!)
November 26 through December 1, 2010
We went to Oregon to visit my family for Thanksgiving and my birthday! We ate dinner with my family, the missionaries, and our friend Ann. It was a memorable night with great great turkey and pies :) We did lots of shopping (for Tacoma trucks, and birthday/Christmas presents) and spent lots of time playing card games and watching movies with the family.
No comments:
Post a Comment