Us

Us

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Exploring Draper






We've been on several small adventures since moving. We hiked up behind Timp to a frozen lake with Mike and Alicia. The hike up was very hot, until we reached the snow level and there was a river running down the trail. We jumped from rock to rock (or just trampled through the river in our Chacos...) until we reached the lake at the top of the trail. The lake was still 80% ice and the sun had just gone down behind the mountain. I was starting to FREEZE because I was so wet from the way up, so Brian wrapped a big purple towel around my shoulders to try to warm me up. On the way back down the boys, Mike and Brian, wanted to go look at something on the other side of the river. So Alicia and I decided to let them go look, and we started down the mountain. I still had my big purple towel wrapped around my shoulders. As Brian and Michael came down the trail to meet up with us, Brian saw me from a distance and thought, "Who is that lady with the big purple thing?!" HaHa! It was his WIFE! I had the purple towel drapped over my back ON TOP of my backpack, so I guess I looked like a hunch-back. I didn't care, I was warm.

Our next adventure we took a hike through part of Traverse Ridge. As we were walking we found this beautiful patch of very tall dried grass. So, after taking lost of pictures, we actually cut some down (Don't worry it was already dead, and not part of National Forest Land) for decoration in our living room. I think they add a nice touch! Leave it to us to decorate with wild dried grass ;)




No comments: