Having had the slight set back of appendicitis, we pushed back our Oregon trip to late September. We were hoping to enjoy the last few weeks of semi-warm weather in the North West.
We did a LOT while we were in Oregon.
First I took Brian and my brother Surfing at Short Sands Beach. Brian and Jared were both first timers and I think they loved it!
Secondly: What do Dad's do?
They take their daughters fishing!
We woke up at "O-dark-Thirty" in the morning as my Dad likes to call it and took the boat out on the Columbia River. We baited our hooks AND... ..... wait for it... .... ... ... ... WAITED for those fish to bite.
We were "trailing" (that is what I think my Dad called it? I don't really remember so Dad you may have to help me on this one) up and down some of the hottest fishing spots looking for bites. I occasionally broke into my good luck song, "Here fishy fishy fishy!! Here fishy fishy fishy!!" But no bites.
Nada.
Nothing.
Oh wait!! Nope just sea-weed.
FINALLY, Brian's pole started bouncing. "It's a FISH! It's a FISH!" Dad and I helped Brian reel in the fish and to our astonishment... ... it was like 6 inches long waay to small to be able to keep. So we threw it back into the great blue expanse.
Back to my "Here fishy fishy!" song.
After a few more hours of trolling Brian left his pole to make a phone call, and I reeled in this beautiful fish on his pole! Looks like we found dinner!
Third: Took a short Hike to Punch Bowl Falls (Cause, hey, it's tradition)
![]() |
| Yeah that's too bad... |















No comments:
Post a Comment