Brian is keeping very busy now that he was hired in organizational development for Lake County. He is now in school full time, works full time, and picked up a prn job as a EMT at an urgent care 1-2 weekends a month. When we first moved here to Chicago, it was very hard for Brian to find work. We prayed and fasted for months, Brian applied to many jobs, and I know our families prayed and fasted for us as well. We feel very grateful for the income and experience Brian is getting here in Chicago -- and saw again that God hears and answers our prayers -- and that He is in the details of our lives.
I am in Physician Assistant school. They say it's like squishing med school into two years, and it is....but after watching the med students I can't say I envy them either. I am in my 4th and final semester of classwork, and on June 3rd I will start my clinical rotations for my final year. (June 2014 can't come fast enough!) Throughout the year I will go on 6 weeks rotations in ER, Pediatrics, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Dermatology, General Surgery, Women's Health - OBGYN, and Orthopedics. Words can't even describe how excited I am to get out of the classroom, put on that little nerdy short white coat and start the hands on learning.
Through all the busy schedules, exams, cramming, and working Brian and I have found a few things to break away from it all. Mostly running. Illinois is flat. flat. flat. flat. It is quite the change from living at the feet of the Unita Mountains, but there are beautiful things here in Illinois as well. There is a "running forest" close to our home where we can at least get away from concrete roads (if not the noise of them). We have really taken a liking to Wisconsin -- it is only 20 minutes away and offers a bit more open country roads and slightly bigger "hills." We even break out the mountain bikes for a ride once in awhile.
At church we have the opportunity to teach in the Nursery. Seeing as I am (as Brian will tell you) baby hungry, but in the middle of an intensive program and can't really do anything about that for the time being, nursery has been a good "Parenting 101," for me. Every sunday after being with those 7 sweet two year olds -- I am TIRED. But then there are so many rewards -- the smiles, the runny-nosed hugs, and being able to teach them. They are so smart. We have had a lot of fun with "our kids." Several of them haven't quite gotten the hang of "Brother & Sister Francom," and call us "Mommy & Daddy." Cute, right?

1 comment:
We loved seeing the pictures of your kids in Nursery! I'm sure you guys are great Nursery parents. Hang in there with the weather. Weather.com said you were in for an earlier Spring than normal.
Post a Comment