We are the proud owners of two beautiful healthy goldfish! Squishy is light orange, and Sticky is darker orange.
This is Squishy in the picture.
For awhile we actually thought we were going to lose Squishy. After a few weeks of having Squishy several red streaks started appearing on his scales! According to my sister Megan, the aquatic expert, Squishy had been infected with a bacteria (probably from the fish store). So everyday we gave Squishy a salt bath to try to get rid of the infection. After a couple weeks of high concentrations of Sodium, Squishy was healed! :) He is our miracle fish!
What is up with the names? I asked Brian if we could have a pet. And he replied sarcastically, "Only if we name it Squishy." So I got a fish, and named him that! After awhile we decided Squishy needed a friend. We were discussing this over some wonderful pancakes that Brian had made for Breakfast. So it is easy to see why the name "Sticky" came to mind! haha.
I decided our next aquatic friend is going to be named, "SLIMY!" haha
(My mom requested we not eat pancakes while discussing our children's names)
What is up with the names? I asked Brian if we could have a pet. And he replied sarcastically, "Only if we name it Squishy." So I got a fish, and named him that! After awhile we decided Squishy needed a friend. We were discussing this over some wonderful pancakes that Brian had made for Breakfast. So it is easy to see why the name "Sticky" came to mind! haha.
I decided our next aquatic friend is going to be named, "SLIMY!" haha
(My mom requested we not eat pancakes while discussing our children's names)
No comments:
Post a Comment