Us

Us

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Most Recent Adventures






So we have been on several "adventures" since we have moved to Logan

Snowshoeing Logan Canyon: Jan 30. 2010

On this particular day there was an inversion in the valley. This meant gray skies, no sun, and really bad air. So Bri and I decided to climb above the clouds and get some vit. D! We snowshoed up Logan canyon above the inversion, and it was beautiful! The sun was shining bright, and the sky was blue! We even got SUNBURNT! (This was in Jan!)

Showshoeing Smithfield Canyon: Feb 6. 2010

A few weeks later we decided to snowshoe up Smithfield Canyon. The sun wasn't quite as bright, but I got plenty of practice shooting pictures. This is one I took of Brian's sunglasses--you can see me in the reflection! We also saw a Bald Eagle while we were hiking!

XC-Skiing to Diamond Fork Hot Pots: Feb 13. 2010

For my little sister Kelsey's birthday we took her xc skiing! It was both her and my first time learning. Brian had a hoot trying to get us both to stay on our feet. We skiied 6 miles up Spanish Fork Canyon to Fifth Water Hot springs. We enjoyed several hours soaking our sore feet in the naturally warm, sulfer filled hot pots. It was neat to be so warm, yet surrounded by ice and snow!
Kelsey and I did fairly well skiing--that is except when we repeatedly ran into each other! Better luck next time Poff sisters ;)

No comments: