
After moving into our new placewe decided we wanted to start a little garden. Seeing as we are on the second floor and have
absolutely no backyard, we made our own planter boxes.
By the time we were able to make our planter boxes, it was reaching the 4th of July. In Utah most people start their gardens right after Memorial Day but I saw a sign at the Gardening Store that gave me hope.
It read:
"It's O.K.! The Pioneers didn't plant until after July 24th!"
Well, I guess it's alright if the Pioneers did it.
We planted Tomatoes, Onions, Romaine Lettuce, GREEN BEENS, Baby Watermelon, and Rosemary. (Can you tell which one I am most excited about?)
I even named my Green Bean plants. So far we have Suzie, Patrick, and Titan (he is the big one). Sadly after I started naming my green beans, Brian told me that we were going to have to weed out some of them and let the few strong ones grow. How Sad!

We also planted a few flowers to attract bees. I FINALLY have a practical use for the annoying insects.
Brian and I are excited for our little garden to grow!
No comments:
Post a Comment